Our end of tenancy cleaning experts in London have collected some interesting cleaning techniques and facts about cleaning.
Continue reading to learn more about using these cleaning tips in your household.
- Researchers have identified air blown from a running vacuum cleaner as one of the places in the home that has the highest numbers of germs. Other places include dish sponges, toothbrushes, cutting boards, washing machines, TV remote controls, bathroom toilets during a flush, kitchen sinks and indoor garbage cans.
- The natural cleaning ingredients that housekeepers widely use include: white vinegar, liquid castile soap, natural salt, baking soda, borax, washing soda, hydrogen peroxide, lemons, and various microfiber.
- A mixture of citrus peels and undiluted white vinegar left for a few days can be used as a natural cleaner. It works as a window cleaner, for mopping floors, or for disinfecting surfaces.
- Baking soda has deodorizing properties.
- You can freshen up the color of your whites by simply adding a cup of baking soda to the rinse cycle of your washing machine.
- Rough spots on the iron can be cleaned with water and salt.
- Chamois leather stays soft if it is rinsed in lukewarm saltwater.
- The bristles of a broom will last longer if put in a saline bath for a couple of hours before using the broom for the first time.
- Rinsing your lettuce and vegetables with lukewarm saltwater will make insects, snails and other small animals disappear.
- Soaking your silver cutlery in a bowl filled with a mixture of salt and lukewarm water, and a sheet of aluminum foil will make polishing easier.
- Mould-affected areas don’t have to be rubbed when being cleaned, because mould spores will spread wider.
- One of the easiest ways to remove chewing gum from carpet involves applying ice to the spot. This is the so called “freezing method”.
- Treating wooden furniture with mayonnaise will remove water marks left by wet glasses or bottles. The oil is meant to displace the mark.
- Baby wipes can ruin leather. As you know, the alcohol content, even in small quantities, may cause damage to your leather pieces of furniture.
- The best way to remove crayon marks from carpets is with an iron and a sheet of brown paper, or craft paper.
- You can use banana peels to clean silver or polish leather.
- Tomato sauce is the perfect rust remover and a brilliant alternative for cleaning brass.